What would you do for a 1 year old birthday party?

My daughters birthday is coming up. I want to throw her a Elmo's Birthday party cause she likes Elmo.I dont know what else to do.. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if that is what she likes... then i think it sounds perfect!

you can go online and do a google search for birthday activities and elmo pics you can print off.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 10:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm not sure about your area, but where I live , you can hire people to dress as characters and come to your birthday party. Maybe you could find someone to be Elmo and come do a little show at your party. The kids could get his "autograph" and have their pics made with him. You could also do games with a sesame street theme (it depends on the ages of the other kids attending).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Something simple, at 1 there still babies and don't enjoy too much! Were all excited when our babies turn one but simple at that age is better.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yeah I think babies at this age don't appreciate "big" parties. I'd say just family and close family friends, are your home or the child's grandparents home. I'd decorate with Elmo and an Elmo cake, but that's as far as I'd go with decorations. If there are older children coming you could plan a few games for them and maybe goodie bags. But this birthday is for the family...IMO...:)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2008