i think im having my major contractions right now. how do i really know that there the real ones? how do they feel in the beginning?

the contractions im having tighten up and hurt and put pressure on my heart and i think there the main one's but how do i know i need help nowwww!!! lol

lilpari21

Asked by lilpari21 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If they start to become every 5 mins or less, I think that means they are the real ones!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You should be able to feel your abdomen get hard when you feel the pain, and then notice it relax. You can also time them and if it happens at regular intervals, they are probably real. Congratulations and good luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• When i started to have my first real contractions they didnt really hurt but my belly was really tight especially below my belly button and i felt alot of pressure!!!! But u just got to time them if they get 5 minutes apart for about an hour probably call your doctor!!!! But i would wait as long as possible cause the hospital is very uncomfortable and make labor so much longer and worse!!!! AND U CANT EAT LOL!!!
    babi_momma71008

Answer by babi_momma71008 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• How far along are you? If you're at the end, they are real! Just watch them and clock how far apart they are. If they get to ten minutes or less get to the hospital.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• how far along are you? if they are braxton you should be able to drink a really cold glass of water maybe get something light to eat maybe take a warm shower and lay down and kick up your feet and they should go away, if they dont after all of this start timing them ten mins aprt time to call the doctor or birth place 5 mins apart time to hit the road and go to the hospital. and even if they are not the realy one you would not be the first women to go to the hospital thinking you are in labor just to be sent back home, and you will not be the last. also if they get to where you can not talk or walk through them then i would go in timed or not.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 11:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The way to know if you are having real contractions is that they get longer, stronger and closer together. They should feel similar to menstrual cramps in the beginning, but may be less or more intense. If they stop or do not increase in duration and strength and get closer together, you may not be in labor. If your water happens to break, go ahead and go to the hospital. If this happens, your labor pains may become stronger. check out this site for information on contractions:
    http://babies.sutterhealth.org/laboranddelivery/labor/ld_contractns.html
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i knew they were the real thing when i felt them in my upper thighs and lower back and lost my train of thought (i could talk during contractions until i was 8cm dilated which isnt normal i guess)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008