crock pot recipes?

I ordered a crock pot in the mail, it should be here next week. It's getting cold in NY and I want to make some yummy warm recipes for myself and my 1 year old. Does anyone have any good recipes or know of a site where they have crock pot recipes? I'm allergic to seafood and rarely eat pork and don't eat any animal that has been in a early 1900 disney movie lol. I'm a chicken, turkey, beef woman.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 9:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would google it and see what you come up with. I know there are several crock pot only sites out there. Good Luck!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• There are many things I' ve seen cooked in crockpot. I probably would try a stew or pot roast in one since they take time and need to be slow cooked anyway.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• There are some crock-pot specialty cook-books that have some cool stuff. I like to make slow cooked soups, shredded pork or turkey roast (for tamales or BBQ sandwiches), and especially Pot Roast!

My pot roast recipe is very simple. That's why I use it a lot.
    5 lb roast or so (I have a big one)
    Rub with crushed or minced garlic. Sprinkle with cracked pepper, salt, and rosemary leaves. Put some extra peppercorns in the pot. Ad just a little water or cooking wine to the bottom (maybe 1/2 cup). Throw in 3 or 4 boullion cubes. This is my secret weapon part!
    Cook on low all day long until meat falls apart. The natural juices should have made quite a lot of liquid by now. If not, add a little water until it is where you like it.

Good luck with your new toy! Have lots of fun and experiment.

WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 9:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My favorite is beef stew
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Here is a site that has some great recipes.....http://www.familycrockpotrecipes.com
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The easiest one of all is chicken breasts with a can or two of cream of mushroom soup. You just let it cook all day, those two ingredients, then eat it with mashed potatoes when it's done, using the soup as gravy. My husband loves it. Another easy one is chicken breasts, a bottle of bbq sauce, and a can of Coke. I made it the other day and put in on buns for bbq chicken sandwiches. It was really good,actually. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010