I am trying to potty train my 3 year old grandson and i really do not remember it being this hard when a trained my own children of which i had 6 of them

He does really good one day then horrible the next day. Yesterday we had a good morning then it went down hill from there. What am I doing wrong

gawelch

Asked by gawelch at 10:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well i try to put the child on the toilet after eating let them sit there for a while. see how that goes
    sharl69

Answer by sharl69 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You are doing nothing wrong. Every child has good days and bad days. you just need to be constant and not but diapers back on during the day. Every child learns it differently.My first was easy and done in 3 days. My second it took 2 weeks and we are still working on pooping in the potty. Since that is something that takes longer for them to learn the feeling of that.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Consistency is key. HE might be one child that it takes awhile to master.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010