38 weeks pregnant

I was just wondering I am 2c dilated and 50% effaced How long is it for me to go in to labor I get some contraction but they are not strong enough and alot of pelvix pressure wanted to know will i be going into labor soon?

MommyG203

Asked by MommyG203 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are the contractions consistent? If not then they're just BH and are just your body getting ready. If they are, do they get progressively closer together? If not it could be prodromal labor which is also your body getting ready.

However, if they are consistent and are progressively becomming stronger and closer together then you could be in the early stages of labor.

You could be 2 cm dilated for a while. I think I was for like 2 weeks before my daughter was born and about the same with my son. Again, it's your body getting ready.

Truth is, you could have the baby any day now or it could be another week. It's really hard to say. No one's body goes on a distinct time table. It's usually "this happens then that happens" but it never happens at a specific time.

*hugs* Good luck and congrats!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• soon honey. what you need to do now is sit back, put your feet up, turn off the tv and enjoy the silence. because pretty soon silence will be but a distant memory and you'll be exhausted.
    congrats.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2008