Moving to Colorado Next year. I would like to know where the warmest and the best place to live in Colorado is?

Babers

Asked by Babers at 10:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Travel

• If you want HOT in the summer and moderate in the winter, the south like Pueblo, Colorado City, Trinidad or east like La Junta or Rocky Ford would do you well. They all get snow in the winter, but tend to be more moderate than the mountains for sure.

The San Luis Valley is also gorgeous but hot in the summer and cool in the winter.

I live in Denver and love it. There is a lot to do and the mountains are not far. If we had to move somewhere else in Colorado it would be to the Western Slope and more likely Durango area. Also quite hot in the summer and more temperate in the winter.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have heard of Pueblo but heard some bad things about the area. What is ur insight on the area?
    Babers

Comment by Babers (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It's a fairly depressed area, not as bad as some. We were in Trinidad and Walsenberg this summer and it was really bad. Trinidad was much better as it was bigger than Walsenberg to start. I don't know in relationship to Pueblo.

The downtown has been really fixed up nicely. I haven't spent more than an hour there at any given time. We just tend to pass through on the way to somewhere else.

I would go onto Denverpost.com to look at the job situation and start from there. Denver and Colorado Springs will have the most available jobs because they are the major cities. Boulder is gorgeous but over priced. Fort Collins is nice but almost to Wyoming, so the winter might be a little rougher.

You are more than welcome to PM me as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• great, checking out Denverpost.com
    Babers

Comment by Babers (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Was in Colorado Springs this spring and it has really been affected by the economy. Street lights turned off, parks closed, swimming pools were not to open, streets in awful condition, lots of closed businesses, libraries will close if the bond doesn't pass.
    I lived in CS for 31 years and it was so sad for me to see this thriving gorgeous city so depressed. If you are going there and have a job that is a different situation as the city will come back but probably will take a while. Great schools Academy D#20 is awesome, housing is affordable, lots to do, traffic is not as bad as Denver.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010