approx how many baby bottles, pacifer, diaper does a newborn needs?

I don't want to over buying stuff, b/c the room doesn't have a lot of space. Just wondering approx how many of those stuff does baby actually needs?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends. With mine I used 4-6 diapers a day, 4 8oz bottles a day, and 2 pacifiers every 6 mos. ( I would trade between each other while being washed in the diswasher)
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 10:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Don't by more than 2 pacifiers in the beginning. Some babies will refuse them or will refuse certain types. It's a trial & error thing, and you don't want to have all these pacifiers they aren't going to use laying around... I Breast Fed, and rarely used formula, so I didn't need many bottles. But we got the "Playtex Drop-ins Starter Kit" and that was more than enough. I HIGHLY recommend the drop ins! As for diapers, on average I used 5 or 6 a day, but there were days where I needed more... I would say only buy ONE pack of newborn, because unless you have a very tiny baby, they will grow out of them in no time, my kids never wore them. But if you want to stock up on Size 1 & 2, you can't really get to many, trust me, you'll use them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree that you shouldn't overbuy the newborn sized diapers. A baby goes from 8-10 lbs in no time at all. A big baby might never fit in newborn-sized diapers. If you're bottle feeding, you can get by with three or four, but expect to do a lot of bottle washing each day if that's the case. I'd also recommend the Playtex drop-ins for a newborn. When a baby gets old enough to use bigger bottles, they'll be going through fewer in a day, so you could switch types at that point if you want to.I also agree with previous responses that there's no reason to buy many pacifiers, since many kids don't use them at all.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't buy too much of one brand or type before the baby arrives. A friend of mine gave me that advice when I was expecting my first. That way if for some reason your baby will only take one type of bottle or paci you don't have way too much of something that you can't use. We went through 3 types of bottles and nipples before we found one that our little girl would take and that helped with gas in her stomach. Also with diapers my sister had boys that both have allergies and they had a hard time with certain brands of diapers. Luckily on the diaper thing we didn't have an issue.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well, good news is that of those three, you really only need diapers. Pacifiers can be useful for *some* babies... but I certainly don't think you should be buying and offering right off the bat. Bottles shouldn't be started for several weeks anyway, so those can wait as well. We had one bottle (which was given to us when we registered) and that's what he took the few times he had a bottle. With my first, we got a bunch at the shower and they all ended up never being used. You may also have a to try a few different kinds to find what your baby likes, so not a good idea to get a bunch for any reason.

For diapers, figure for 8-12 a day for a newborn. So, if you're doing cloth get 2-3 dozen, if not.. just get a few packages of newborn, and a few of size one.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'd start with no more than one package of newborn size diapers, and one or two packs of size 1, and some wipes. Other than that it is best to not use bottles or pacifiers until breastfeeding is well established after 4-6 weeks. I'd just wait until then to see if you need any pacifiers or bottles. My LO didn't want either!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010