i have a 3 1/2 year old and he will not go poop in the toilet he pees just fine. what should i do?

he knows when he has to go he tells me dieper and paints off but when i set him on the toilet he get a strait as a bord and screams.

zab

Asked by zab at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• omg mine too!! please i can use the help also.. im so grossed out with cleaning these underwear out
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 11:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I have the same problem. My son is about the same age as yours.
    Ciuplys

Answer by Ciuplys at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I would let him poop in he's underwearand leave him in that for a couple of min.. Kid's are so smart and worth the hassle of doing the dirty work afterward's.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Have you tried a reward system for it? Maybe as simple as a star if he poops in the potty and 10 stars = a toy? Or each star = a "fun bag" size of M&Ms? My son was the *same* way, total hang up with pooping. He is very, very private about it and he wouldn't go in the toilet until he could do it all alone. We got the flushable wipes and praised him like crazy for even the smallest little #2. Do you have a training toilet for just him? Or a training seat for him? Is it possible he's just not comfortable?
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2008