Do you order books from Scholastic from school and how often? Do you spend a certain amount each time?

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• I usually wait until the school does the Book Fair with Scholastic Books since they give better deals out. Like this year they have a buy one get one free on all books.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yes i do. it helps the school earn book and money for books. how much i spend depends on if i see something i like for my girls or if i am giving the books as gifts. no more then $20 a month.
    spagal99

Answer by spagal99 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have only done it once. Would love to do it more.But not having the extra cash is hard to help them out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I used to when the oldest was little. But now we are on our third kid and have SO MANY books that I dont order any more.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would love to but we already have so many books (mine from when I was a kid and others from people who just gave us books).
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 10:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes. I don't buy every time, but I try to do at least a few each year. I won't spend more than $5 a book, unless it's a gift, and Itry to stay under $20. Though I usually go over by $5-$10! I love books! Especially Fall and Halloween books! And then DD usually spends a few dollars at the book fairs that they do at the open house (fall time) and the carnival (spring).
    I figure it's a good thing to spend money on.. it gets my kids books that they love to read, and it helps the school earn books.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• itsall, you made me remember our middle school book fairs with the scholastic program. UGH,,,I couldnt get out of those book fairs without spending at least $40. Our library has a book sale once a month, with tons of books for 25 cents to a dollar. So grateful they dont have the program in high school! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i get scholastic mags from the class every 2 months and i always order, and we have a book fair every 4 months and my kids get to pick one book each at those too. we usually keep it around 10 for both books and sometimes ill go 20 if we see a really good book or a few good books.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• When my kids were little I ordered from the Scholastic things they brought home every time and did love the book fairs also, it helps the school out more that way. I didn't order a ton each time, usually $15.00 limit or so. I was a book freak though, I had all of the Dr. Seuss books, all of the Berenstain Bears, Arthur, and anything that had a running series. And anytime I was in a store I'd pick up books. We were reading fools around our house! But all three of my boys are incredible readers and their English teachers have always loved that. ;-)
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 4:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I know my son loves to get the books and bring them home so YES i do, but I order whatever is on sale so we don't spend maybe $10 each time
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2010