have you made any great friendships on Cafemom?

what are your favorite groups? i want to meet new people to chat with and maybe some from my area to do some hobbies with, but it seems like the groups for my area the people dont keep up with the group, ie very little postings hardly and get togethers. Any suggestions?

spagal99

Asked by spagal99 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Actually I would like to think so I mean not deep meaningful ones but I have met people that I really like and have a point of view like me and now I know I am not alone out there with the way I think.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Groups nearest me don't stay current. But I have some friends on here from all over that melt my heart! The best friends I could ever ask for, hope for, dream of.. These friends I've made here are wonderful. One day I hope to meet many. Somehow someway I want to meet my special friends here and I know they feel the same way about me! We know quite a bit about eachother. I'm very Happy with the greatest friends here.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have met a couple of people that I have become very good friends with, one was in my area the other lived a little farther but in the same state. The one that was in my area before I had to move away was a really close friend, we would take our children places together, go out together, shop, talk on the phone, we still keep in touch. The other I have never met in person but she is one of the sweetest people that I have ever talked to. We keep up with each other's family and lives more on facebook now than cafemom though.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• There are a few groups where I've forged deep friendships, but they're all religious in nature, so I'm not sure if they're what you're looking for. I've found friendships here in the Q&A - or at least there are those I feel a warm regard and fondness for, and I think the feelings are reciprocated, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yes, i have - i am most active in CafeMom and KungFuFramas - and i have made some real friends in those two groups - after you have made a friend, she will be automatically listed in your "Friends" list - that is found in a pull-down menu under - i think it it's one of the first or second column on the top of your page - i hope i've helped you some - i would be happy to be your friend - just send me an invite - tell me a little bit about yourself and i'll send you back a little about myself - and if you decide you want me for your friend, you can keep me, if you decide not, you can delete me - good luck!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have met 2 amazing moms in real life. They are great friends & I love them dearly!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm having the same problem. I would love to meet moms who live near me. I'm the admin for our local group but it's so slow. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only member who cares. It's sad.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ive made at least 1 good friend through CM! Sorry about your local groups not being active. :(
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have made several GREAT freindships through cafemoms that I would of never been able to do. I know the lady above a few answers her & I are great friends and we are hoping to meet this coming summer. I have several I talk to on the phone we send cards and gifts back and forth. I know I have meet a couple from my area also. I don't know about local groups but if you want to invite me as a friend I always love haing new ones.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yup. start ur own group.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010