Is Rosemary extract bad for you if you're pregnant? It's in my eye cream!

cphillips1

Asked by cphillips1 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would have to say No, I've never read anything about Rosemary being bad during pregnancy. Chances are the Rosemary is one of the better things in your eye cream - it's the stuff you can't eat that I would worry about!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Since there's no prohibition against using rosemary as a flavoring during pregnancy, it's extremely unlikely that rosemary extract in a cosmetic product will have any effect on you whatsoever. It probably has no effect even on how the eye cream works.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would imagine it's fine... You aren't told to avoid it in your diet so it seems like it would be fine as a skin care product as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Why would it be? It isn't on the "NO-NO" list of things to eat when pregnant so an ingredient in a skin cream should be fine.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Unless you are drinking the extract or using it regularly as a medicine, it's perfectly safe :) The amounts in that cream per use are probably equal to what I had on my chicken for lunch.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010