How long am I supposed to wait?

My boyfriend and I are dating for the second time. We were engaged in our last relationship, after three months of dating, and I got pregnant after we had been dating for five months. Needless to say, we rushed in to things we were not ready for, and the relationship ended. We took a break and got back together. He is more cautious now, sometimes I think more than necessary. This relationship is going much slower at this point, and he says he's not closed off to the idea of marriage, but that he's not sure how soon it will happen. He says he is fearful of getting in to a more serious relationship again to have it fall apart (he's only been in two, one with a high school girlfriend and the one with me that ended). What I am wondering is, how long should I/am I supposed to wait for him to not be as cautious again. I love him dearly but I don't want to wait forever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• If you truly love him you will wait forever for him. Don't rush things. Y'all already broke up once so there is really no point in rushing something that could turn out perfect in the end.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If its right, it will work out. Marriage or no marriage. If you pressure him, he will run. Let it happen slowly. If its meant to be, it will be.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I do love him, very much, but I also want to be married someday.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Why do you NEED to be married? Why is simply being happy that you have your relationship not enough? I mean, if he is still cautious, why would you try to force things? He'll be ready when he's ready. And it seems like he has good reason to be cautious! I mean, marriage isn't going to make things better or worse, just be happy you are with someone you love and leave it at that. When the time is right for BOTH of you, you will take the next step. If you aren't willing to wait til he is ready, you don't love him as dearly as you thought you did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2010