Is Murkowski undermining the voters that already made their choice? or is it giving them more of a choice?

WASHINGTON – Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska says her write-in effort to re-enter the race to retain her seat in the Senate isn't undermining the Republican Party.

Speaking in an interview Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Murkowski said she received countless phone calls, e-mails and faxes urging her to stay in the contest.

In mounting the write-in bid, she says she's "listening to my constituents" and is "going to give them a choice."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no respect for most of the Republicans in AK. The Murkowski's are crooked. Ted Stevens named the airport after himself (how cocky can you get?!). Palin supports arial wolf hunting. The list goes on. Let her write in- she already lost and obviously can't take a hint. Her daddy gave her the seat in the first place.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think she is a sore loser and a big enough crybaby that she would rather split the vote and give the election to the Democrats bow out gracefully.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Also, from the Anchorage Daily News: Murkowski said she’d found some support among fellow senators, even if none was openly telling reporters they would back her write-in bid.

There there was this from Politico: Less than an hour before Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski planned to announce a write-in campaign to retain her seat, her top aide e-mailed scores of the most prominent lobbyists in Washington to ask them to join a Saturday conference call with the senator. …

Looks to me, she is relying MORESO on politicians/press and LESS on the people of Alaska.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• *politicians/lobbyists/press*
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• LOL....You mean like the John Murtha (D) Airport in western Pennsylvania?!

Did she mention support for him? NO

***

Uhhh....she said it was COCKY for a politician to name an airport after himself...and I merely showed how HYPOCRITICAL she was being!! Because when DEMOCRATS do it, it's all peaches and cream! :oP

44 days!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• and the state thing...HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU LUMPED CHICAGO POLITICIANS IN THE SAME BANDWAGON??

***

Oh, I dunno....maybe because...

"Chicago Sun-Times, which reported that at least 79 current or former Illinois, Chicago or Cook County elected officials had been found guilty of a crime by judges, juries or their own pleas since 1972. The paper provided this tally of the tarnished: three governors, two other state officials, 15 state legislators, two congressmen, one mayor, three other city officials, 27 aldermen, 19 Cook County judges and seven other Cook County officials."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28141995/

LOL...maybe MSNBC is good for something afterall!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sweets--

I take it you're opting to NOT "challenge" my rebuttal on why I "lump" all Chicago politicians into the same corrupt group?! I thought by now you'd have figured out that I'm pretty quick with them there internets!! LMAO! :o)

dancing

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• She is desperate. In the 2 months I have lived in Alaska, my opinion? Alaska Politics is the land of "not quite right"... But from what I am learning, the independendents have a great deal of 'say' in this state....   I read this online and thought this was perfect for Alaska... “My advice for Lisa is the same for anyone who sees a grizzly in the woods. DON’T RUN.”.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ted Stevens named the airport after himself (how cocky can you get?!).

***

LOL....You mean like the John Murtha (D) Airport in western Pennsylvania?! You know the one that sees 5 -10 people per DAY, yet has received MILLIONS of dollars in federal money for maintenance, top-of-the-line upgrades, and EXPANSION projects?!

Yeah, okay! :o)

http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=4289

And the fact that you don't trust ANY politician just because of the state thet=y hail from...is even funnier!   November is going to be so much fun!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• That woman is a nutcase ego maniac if she really thinks she can win. Any Republican who will step in and enable the Democrat to get more votes and possibly win an election is disgusting and deserves to be run out of the state. She should be ashamed of herself. If she knew what she was doing she would at least change to an independent. Now she is just a BAD republican.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010