How relaxed are you with Nudity?

I recently stayed with my sister for a few days and i was really suprised how relaxed she was with nudity around her children. We both have sons of similar ages(5and6) and i also have a 7yr old daughter. I have no problem with my daughter seeing me nude as we both have the same parts but i think my boy is getting a little bit too old for that now. Things are a little bit more relaxed when we go away on vacation and things were we share a small apartment and i dont mind if he ocasionly sees my top half but i will always make sure everything else is covered. What do other people think about this?

Hayley790

Asked by Hayley790 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I like to be covered around my eight year old. I do that cause I dont want him to remember it I mean not to many children want to see or remember what their parents look like naked. that is me though
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It all depends on each family and there comfort level. I do what makes me and my family comfortable. Think about it some places they don't wear cloths at all.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have a 7yo boy and a 5yo girl. We are not uncomfortable with nudity at all, but I do at least have bra and panties on out of respect if nothing else. I don't them to think nudity is a bad thing, I also don't want them to think they can just run around naked.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My kids are 3 & 4 at this point... I have never seen a point in being uncomfortable about nudity. I don't hide my own body from them and neither does their dad. Now, I don't walk around naked, but if I'm in the shower or bathroom or changing I don't kick them out the room either - and I have boys. I don't shelter them from nudity at all. Why would I? Nudity is as natural as the human body. IF and WHEN they are uncomfortable by the fact that their mom gets naked to shower, they are more than permitted to leave the room.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm pretty relaxed. I'm like you, my daughter is 3, and I let her see me nude all the time. I think shying away is more damaging and a hindrance. Like it's a taboo, my mom was like that and she never had 'the talk' with me so maybe that's why I experimented the way I did. Who knows but I try to be very open with my daughter and explain body parts and 'Mommys and Your body are same and different'. But for boys....I dont know how comfortable I'd feel. I'd probably shield them seeing myself nude at around 3. Or even younger.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 11:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm covered around my children. Every once in a while I'll have no choice. Like if I forgot to grab a towel before taking a shower, I have to go out stark naked to grab one. But my son is almost two and my daughter is almost one, so they don't know really any different yet. I don't think. But whether around my daughter or my son I stay covered.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I typing this naked!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The only person in the world I will allow to see me naked is my husband. That is, fully naked. My 3 yr old DD has seen part of me and of course the doctor has to see parts of me during exams, but as far as fully naked, just my hubby. I don't let my 5 yr old son see any part of me naked at all. I also don't want him to have any memories like that.
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 11:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• with the girls its really no big deal to me but with my son i at least make sure i have a towel or bra and panties on.......i think it all depends on how much stock you put in to the nudity that makes others uncomfortable..
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010