agree with Powell?

WASHINGTON – Retired Gen. Colin Powell, a moderate Republican who endorsed Barack Obama in 2008, says the president's critics should be going after him on policy, not "nonsense."

"Fringe" elements on the right are taking a low road when they label Obama a foreign-born Muslim and peddle other theories about non-American influences on the president's character, Powell said Sunday. Obama was born in the U.S. and is Christian.

The former secretary of state said he still sees Obama as a transformational figure, if one who has lost some of his ability to connect with people.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would agree with the statements you posted and also with anon.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• patrioticNOVEMBER 2010 dancing

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wow, Powell is a genius!! ..rolling eyes.. Who cares what he thinks? I don't.

tnmom, I guess I am a bigot too...oh wait..I have already been defined as a bigot because I believe homosexuality is a sin........i guess that makes me a double bigot or something......because I wouldn't vote for someone that wasn't a Christian either. I believe people should vote for the candidate that best represents their values/what they feel is most important. If this is part of the new definition for bigot then slap another label on my ass..their is still room for a couple more.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• True. And the majority of us HAVE brought up time and time again Obama's PISS POOR policies and leadership!!!

But the only thing that seems to get a rise out of libs and ardent Obama supporters is when someone questions his birth, faith or his secretive past! When it comes to THOSE arguments they can pull articles, statistics and ALL kinds of proof on why Obama is apparently a " misunderstood, brilliant, American born, Christian, who is a fabulous husband and father..and sexy!!"

You know, all the fluff and stuff that at the end of the day does NOTHING to help our country!! LMAO!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

Yes, when we do bring them up, either there is very few who will answer or we are called racist, bigot etc.. They don't answer because on the issue because they know we are right. Well except for sweet and her occasional lies.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wow sweet, thanks for pulling up that definition.......................guess who else it fits????? YOU!! LOL!!! LMAO!

Gee, I don't remember being HOSTILE, but if that is the new word for disagreeing with...fine...of course it could cause some confusion with the same new definition for the word racist.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ahahha sweet not from us regular cons/independents thats for sure..we have posted TONS of things on his policies..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Lori shes in a frenzy ..November is coming..it's coming hehehehe
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sweet n sour..you don't even need a reason to call someone racist or bigot..you have alway been QUICK to throw those card around in this forum..

might want to get the white guilt toned down..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am pretty tolerant actually of those with other beliefs than my own..certainly not irrational or out to get anyone lol..just because i'd prefer someone who claims christinity as their belief in office..doesn't mean im intolerant or hostile towards those of other beliefs or lack thereof.

I don't vote solely on wedge issues either..

sweet n sour always going over the top with labeling..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010