hair extensions...

Has anyone tried 'em? I'm currently growing out a "Pink" type haircut (right now it could best be described as a short asymetrical bob) and I'm extremely frustrated with it. All I can do is put on a headband (which tends to give me a headache after a while) or clip the front back just so it's out of my face. I'm considering extensions to get me through this in-between stage, but don't know what type to get (I need something I can basically treat like normal hair that isn't terribly high-maintenance) or what they cost. Any help's appreciated. :)

Kassey713

Asked by Kassey713 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i've had two kinds. i had a weave (where they sew them to your head, and i've had shoelace (where they bead small strands of hair all over your head) the weave was awful, you can't wash it or the hair will get knotted and clumpy and you won't be able to brush it out cause it will clump again, not to mention it feels like you're wearing a helmet and it itches like crazy. shoelace on the other hand feel just like your natural hair and its free flowing so you can do any style with your hair. i highly recommend shoelace. i loved my shoelace extensions but my natural hair is long again. however i must say SPEND THE MONEY ON PREMIUM HUMAN HAIR. the cheap stuff may seem just as soft but they chemically treat it so much to make it feel that way and once you wash it it'll become clumpy. premium hair won't do that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• it won't be!!!!! i got my shoelace extensions done to a mohawk, the hair on the side of my head was maybe an inch long. look go into my pictured and you'll see a pic of the mohawk and then look at the pic i have as my avatar, those are the shoelace extensions. well any of the pics with long red hair are the shoelace extensions
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• First of all, the headache from headbands is due to the pressure it puts on the spot behind my ears where it sits.
    ali... The shoelace ones are what I was checking into but I know some types of extensions need to be done on hair that's a certain length and mine may be too short - I don't want to end up with a mullet, LOL... any idea what hair costs for this?
    Kassey713

Comment by Kassey713 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Damn those do look good! Allright I'm def asking my girl if she knows how to do 'em, this is getting frustrating. LoL thanx! :)
    Kassey713

Comment by Kassey713 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no problem :)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If a headband gives you a headache, you don't want extensions!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2010