How do SAHM make friends?

I am a SAHM and I am wondering how others make friends, where do you meet them?

candcsmom2008

Asked by candcsmom2008 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Library, playgrounds, church, school activities, cafemom, facebook,
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Playgroups, playgrounds, I have made a few on here, neighbors, school events
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i'm not a mom (yet) but what i would suggest is www.meetup.com and i would search stay at home moms or mom in your area. they have a ton of local groups(most free) that you join up with and meet people that have things in common with you or IDK the park? lol
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• When you figure it out, let me know... The complete loneliness is one of the things I hate most about being a SAHM... I can't wait to go back to work!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Library, Playgroups, Playgrounds, School Events, Online, etc.
    There are alot of options.
    Even in line at the grocery store.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 11:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• everywhere! park, library, church, pool, beach, etc. Also try www.meetup.com
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well the way I have been making friends is online. I met a friend online and she lived in ny and she moved out here where i live and we finally met and she lives about 15 monites a way from me. I don't really have that many friends out here. But I like chatting with friends on line. I like to talk with people with the same interest i have. And some you can't really trust. I have one that i can't trust any more. You can ask mommy's in your area if they would like to have play groups. You can post it in here too.
    SCRAGIRL31

Answer by SCRAGIRL31 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am happy visiting with my mom, in laws, cousins, etc for my adult interactions. I'll talk to some neighborhood moms at the park, but that's about it. There are playgroups online you can find in your local area too.

When my mom was a SAH she was friends with all the neighborhood moms. Neighborhoods have changed so much. They are dead quiet.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:54 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• the internet and grocery store lol
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't really have friends but I'm a major loner. I prefer being by myself and my online friends are usually enough to keep the loneliness away. The friends I did have were people I had known before kids and a friend I made online when my kids were little (she just happened to live a few blocks from us and we've been friends ever since).
    Since we've moved I've met a few of my neighbors that have kids the same age as mine. They both happen to be SAHMs (at least for the moment...the one is single and looking for a job, obviously). I met the one at the bus stop the first day of school and the other introduced herself as I waited for the kids to come home the 1st day.
    It is hard because most women I do meet are usually working moms so they aren't around much.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010