How do you tell others you are TTC??

Some of the family is not supportive of us having another child, So how or I guess should we tell them we are TTC?

candcsmom2008

Asked by candcsmom2008 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I wouldn't tell them. We never told any of our friends or families, even though we knew they would be supportive. I think it's better to wait until you're actually pregnant to announce anything.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 3:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We never did - figured it was none of their business and instead told them WHEN we hit the 3 mos. mark in our pregnancies.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If they are not supportive then why tell them?? Wont that just give them something to disagree with you about. THen what if it takes you guys longer to conceive than expected. Are you prepared to deal with questions about why you are having problems??? I dont think that people even really want to know when people are "trying" (My PO) but just wait and when you are actually pregnant you will have good reason to be excited and then it will be too late for them to disapprove.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't. Until you're actually pregnant, there is nothing to tell... I mean, I'm sure they know you have sex, they don't want to know how or why.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It's not something I would share. Just wait until you are pregnant and then share that news.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well our families knew we were trying the first time because they knew that was the only reason we got married first since we had been living together for 2 years prior. The second time around they had no idea, though they knew we wanted about 2-3 years between the kids so I am sure they were expecting an announcement some time around when we did announce it. Personally I don't feel it is anyone else's business especially if you know they disapprove. Also the stress of having to listen to them be disapproving could hurt your chance of conceiving.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i dont see why you need to tell them or ask for permission...your body your life mama...good luck

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have no clue. I never told them. I don't need them asking me all the time if we are pregnant yet and having to say no and get more dpressed about it. Plus I know they don't care about that.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• TY for all the answers ladies!!
    candcsmom2008

Comment by candcsmom2008 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• why would you need to tell them?
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2010