Saliva hurts chances when TTC? adult content

Is this true or just a myth? When DH and I are "making a baby" sometimes he also wants to suck on my clitoris and give me oral stimulation will this hurt our chances of TTC?

candcsmom2008

Asked by candcsmom2008 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are having problems getting pregnant it is one of the things doctors recommend not doing because the PH in most saliva is not compatible to sperm. DH and I managed to get 2 kids despite that though. It is different for every couple, but it certainly can decrease the number of healthy sperm that make it to the egg.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• TMI.. in my case it didnt, he uses his saliva to lube himself a bit and he does oral too and we had 3 kids. id love to hear what others say though.. great question
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It MAY hurt your chances of conceiving because saliva is not particularly sperm-friendly lubrication. I can't remember if it's the Ph or the consistency that is a problem, but my doctor did make a point to mention it.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2010