Just turned 40 and trying to get back into the world professionally from lingering in school since forever. I'm working hard to get my weight down and build my confidence. This summer I was asked to have a baby. I said yes, but the guy backed out. Now I want a baby very badly, and I barely have my life started (at 40). Very confused, frustrated, and need to discuss about life direction. Anyone out there like me?

I'm 40 and restarting my life. Struggling with confusion and some esteem issues.

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 7:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm 43 and just had a girl in February. I'm in a stable marriage where my Husband is the bread winner and I can devote my time to my daughter. I wouldn't advise just running off and having a baby because you have a need in you that you think an infant will fulfill, that's a huge responsibility for a newborn. As you stated yourself you barely have your life started regardless of your age. Realize that once you have a child things only get harder not easier. What to do with the baby if you have to work??? who will help you when you are home alone if their is no husband??? These are all questions you have to have answers for before spiraling your life in further chaos and confusion.
    I honestly think you already know the answer you just want either to be talked out of it, or agreed with.
    I wouldn't put the baby in a position of insecurity!
    Peace
    dove65

Answer by dove65 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I agree.
    pfraling

Answer by pfraling at 2:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2008