Do religion and sex have anything to do with one another? (Seriously, if you can't answer a fun question, just skip it) adult content

I just answered another question about "Can Christians have "hot sex." The question made me laugh because OF COURSE THEY CAN... BUT then I was thinking, If I had to rank all the sex I've ever had, only one of the top 10 would be with a Christian, and frankly, although he calls himself "Christian" the more I learn about his beliefs the more loosely I use the term when referring to him...

So what do you think? Do you think those in other "more liberal" religious groups have better, hotter or even different sex? What religion was your best partner??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol That question made me giggle too.
    I've never even inquired about their religion.
    I don't think it mattered at the time.
    'You got a condom? Okay good. OH! And before we get it on.....what's your religion?'
    lawl
    BTW I dont think I have a religion. I believe in a 'higher' thing but it could be mother nature, karma, a magical man in the sky....whatever.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 11:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I suppose it depends on the religion and how serious they are. I was raised Catholic so pre marital sex or wasting sperm is out. Every sperm is sacred!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• So does that mean that Serious Catholics can't have good, down and dirty sex? I think not... It simply means they can't do it out of wedlock or he can't orgasm outside her... None of that voids hot, sex... JMO!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Without reading your extra input, I would have answered,"Some people yell Oh God, when they have sex...." lol

What makes sex "hot " to one person doesn't mean that's the same for the next person. So maybe their perception of Christians and hot didn't go together! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't think it does but that is me.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Both my dh and I are atheists and we are vey liberal in the bedroom.  We are always pushing our personal boundaries just a bit each time. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Usually christians have like 10 kids. Of course they get jicky with it. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well, Christianity does attach a lot of guilt into sexuality. I've known so many Christians who thought of anything sexual as "dirty" or off limits. I think you're more likely to have fun in the bedroom if you don't have guilt tied into the things that feel good. For us, if we like it, we do it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Generalizing, I can see it like this - Christian women don't want to be perceived as being easy or "too experienced" since that's tied directly to adultery. That would make them more likely to be conservative in bed. Christian men don't want to perceive their wives as being easy or "too experienced" since, again, tied to adultery, so it helps them keep their perception of their wife in the "good little Christian" box if they don't see her enjoying something beyond straight up missionary. They have a 50/50 shot if they try to get her to try something new - either she knows what they want and jumps right in (danger - experience on board) or they have no idea and need to be shown. On top of that it's a 50/50 shot that she'll be all for trying it (danger - who else would she have tried it with??) or being totally offended and he end up not getting any at all. That's a 100% chance of being disappointed one way or another.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Both my husband and I are non-church going Christians. Technically I would be considered Catholic, he would be Baptist, but we've both realized that to us, Christian is Christian and there really shouldn't be any denominations. I just don't agree with some of the Catholic customs. But to answer your question--sexually, I think we have some moments of deep, hot sex. And like someone else said (well...I'm adding to what they said)...Catholics, well all Christians (in general) don't believe in premarital sex and that it should be only for procreation. However...look at the Duggars, granted they have 19 kids, so clearly they are having sex for the most part for procreation, but there's no way that I believe that it's just standard missionary every time, so depending on your definition of hot and sexy...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010