how can i get my hair to grow?

Since I moved here in Florida I always wash my hair every other day. My hair got so bad that I had to cut it very short. It was the hard florida water. I'm not used to it. I'm from NY Long Island. Since then my hair has never been the same. I ned some nutrition and I would like my hair to grow long like i had it. It used to be in the middle of my back. Now it is up to my shoulders. And i know i need it cut but I don't like the people that cut my hair. I had two ladies cut it and they both messed it up. They both cut it one side longer then the other. Can someone plesase help me out?

SCRAGIRL31

Asked by SCRAGIRL31 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i've heard eating red meat makes your hair grow faster
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have been told and I do it myself:
    Massage your hair in circular motions in the shower while you are washing and conditioning. It is said to stimulate your hair follicles (root) lol I always have trouble spelling some words and follicle is one of them.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have heard of vitamins that companies like loreal puts out but I dont know how much stock I out into if they really work or not
    The associates at GNC are usually pretty knowledgeable about nutrition supplements. Just remember they are trying to make a sale so use common sense when shopping. Mane and tale shampoo has been a tried and true product when it comes to growing stronger hair and the thing that helps me the most for my hair to grow faster is when I brush it I always start at the ends of my hair and work up. keeps breakage down a ton!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Have you tried Infusium 23? or something like that - a leave in conditioner? I have friends with hard water (well water) that have to do that with their hair or it looks "fried". They swear by it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i would say find someone whose hair you really admire and ask her where she gets her hair cut and then try her place - you can do that with several other people - i take an o-t-c supplement ordered by my dermatologist because i was having the problem of my hair falling out because of a recent surgery - on the bottle is says "to support healthy skin and hair" - she also told me it would help stop my hair from falling out - and in 8 weeks i could see a difference - it takes about 9 mos. to a year after a major surgery for your hair to stop falling out - they don't tell you that - so you panic when you see your hair washing down the drain of the shower - i think this might help your hair as well - it's called BIOTIN 5000 MCG - and it is not a prescription- it's not expensive either - good luck!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• anything that brings blood to your scalp will make your hair grow, which is why the pp said massage. also look into water softerners for your water problem and a different stylist. get it trimmed often, split ends will stunt growth. gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• you should cut the ends every month, but make sure is just the ends
    karla85

Answer by karla85 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• use castor oil once a week or / month , 40mn and after take shower ;) it works
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have no clue but here is a bump.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• take prenatal vitiams that always makes mine grow and my nails....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010