So what are your tweens going to be getting for Christmas?

I am pretty much at a loss as to what to get my dd. I mean there are only so many movies and video games we can afford to get. Not to mentions that gets kind of boring. She doesnt even know what she really wants. I would like to start to get away from all the toys.

Crystal750

Asked by Crystal750 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• A big trampoline with an enclosure. I have had one in my yard for 6 years, and it is worn out. We need a new one. It got a LOT of use.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 5:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• WEE if she is unlikely to do any physical activities. Does she have a scooter and a bike? We are likely getting another laptop and the kids will split it for now. I want to do something active and ongoing though.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Mostly stocking stuffer stuff, maybe some clothes - our vacation is our family Christmas present.
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 3:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I have boys 9 & 10. I think boys stay outside active longer so we are getting the Fuzion scooters about $100 apiece and perhaps an inexpensive I-pod type($35 each) listening device. then stocking stuffers from the school book fair (this last week) and some personal items ie;deodorant, shampoo, body wash etc...I almost always include a book and underwear and socks, thrilling I know, but they are starting to want more high $$$ things so they get less quantity and some basics slipped in LOL Oh and yes I do start in August (or earlier) for Christmas shopping because well who can afford it all in one month???
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My 10 year old daughter stopped playing with toys last year. She and her friends are definately into video games for the playstation and gameboys. She also wants a new cell phone and clothes....
    texastornado

Answer by texastornado at 11:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my daughter will be ten by christmas but she has still ask for a real life doll, the 120.00 type !! and an electric guitar that she doesn't know how to play, but I am always willing to feed her talents.
    l00kin4me

Answer by l00kin4me at 10:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my daughter is 11 and loves those american girl dolls $100 a piece, but you know they are only little once so we are buying them for gifts. she has five so far, over a 4 year period. and this might be the last year so, i will buy them,
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 7:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have already got my 10 year old a Wii it is put away he has no idea! Although he will be sharing it with his 7 year old sister since its so expensive! They will also get a few other things but that is the basics!
    Kelly77968

Answer by Kelly77968 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008