Should I go to the ER? adult content

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have had brown spotting (only when I wipe) mixed with discharge for about a week. About 5 days ago I had my first appt. that showed a heartbeat although she also did an exam and said I had some blood in there. Just today, I had a bowel movement and passed a liver like clot that was fairly small in size but definitey a clot...a pretty stiff one too. I have not had any further spotting since passing the clot and no cramping. Should I go in? Or wait until Monday and see what happens in the meantime?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call my OBGYN's office and ask what the doctor recommends and to be sure that it is normal and go from there. I think that most offices have an answering service after hours and a doctor from the office calls you back pretty quickly. I don't want to be mean or anything, but why don't women call their OBGYNs? I did every time I had something out of ordinary happen with my pregnancy especially if I had any bleeding. It was nice to hear what the doctor said and to double check and make sure that everything is okay.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 2:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It sounds like old blood. It doesn't sound like a miscarriage. I'll bet you are fine. I agree too, I wouldn't go rushing to the ER just yet. If you are going to have a miscarriage, there is nothing you can do. Not everyone needs a DNC or assistance during it. I really think you might have had an old blood episode and you will be fine from here on out.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would go in just to be safe.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i would go in.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I personally would not go. If you are having a m/c, there is nothing they could do to stop it. I would just take it easy and wait it out. GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would have called the dr when it first happened to get advice...I hope everything turns out ok
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would call you dr and ask. I think its normal after you have an exam for some discharge
    brwneyebeauty13

Answer by brwneyebeauty13 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would probably wait it out to. There has been nothing they could do to stop any of mine either. Some spotting is normal during pregnancy hopefully this is the case with you. If it picks back up though you might want to head in.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would go in just to be on the safe side.. Best of luck momma
    candcsmom2008

Answer by candcsmom2008 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010