what to do/ give to a 6 month old who is stuffy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately you can't give them anything. When my son was younger and would get stuffy or get a cold, I would put children's Vicks on his chest and back and use a cool mist humidifier in his room when he slept. I still do that.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• does it really help or do you just do it because?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Nothing except saline nasal spray to alleviate the stufiness. Ask the pharmacist for the best one for infants, I think the brand we used was "Ocean brand saline" it had no chemicals in it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I second the saline spray/drops, we used the drops.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it helps. He seems to sleep better. I have also used the saline drops.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you're breastfeeding, you can put a few drops in the nose and the suction it out, like you would with saline. I also used to sit in the bathroom with my little one while the shower ran hot water. The steam would help make her nose run, then I could suction more out. Good luck!
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010