When is it safe for a baby to have pasta?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pasta is a GREAT food for a baby to eat. They like it because they can pick it up. I just cook them so it's soft.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• American Academy Of Pediatrics says 6 months :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Most pasta is made with white flour. It's recommended that babies eat whole grains. You can find whole grain pasta or "healthier" pasta to make for your baby. The typical mac & cheese isn't healthy at any age. You want all the foods you give in the first year to be healthy because they take the place of breastmilk or formula. Breastmilk is best for brain growth and formula may be second best. Brain growth is the most important developmental task going on in the first year.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I waited till my son was about 8 months old. This way i wasnt introducing to many things to close together. I wanted him to have all of the different vegies before i started him on regular food like pasta.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010