Why did Obama leave part of the Preamble of our DOI out?

Friday evening Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Insitute.

After Obama says "created equal...", there is a long pause during which he scowls and blinks several times. It looks like he is disgusted and decides it would be better not to read what the Preamble actually says.

I will link a video below..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 1:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7ZQZxDhjk&feature=player_embedded

Can you guess what was omitted? and Why do you think that was done?

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• for Heaven's sake, where is it? I've been listening to this guy talk for five minutes!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Come on lovin...

Can he blame this on the teleprompter?
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ok, I clicked on the link underneath the youtube clip, so I cheated, but seriously, the part you are talking about is twenty two minutes in.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Somebody figure it out please..what did he omit? ...I know it can be quite difficult to listen to his voice..sorry
    tnmomofive

• I just broke my entire "I don't listen to politicians talk rule." It's pretty effed up that he left it out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I guess he COULD blame it on the teleprompter, if that part was on the teleprompter!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• CHEATER! lol j/k I cannot blame you..but if I posted that other clip everyone would already know the answer to one of my q's.

Isn't that muffed up? He pauses..blinks around a bit and totally omits that part..
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Here making it easier..this is a shorter clip where he omits part of the preamble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR61uTGTFoM&feature=player_embedded 

Too bad the title answers the question...but my other question was ..WHY do you think he omitted that part?

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• LOL...This is why the show "Lie to Me"  (airing on Fox) is my FAVORITE show--they show and explain the many microexpressions we make when we speak that reveal our TRUE feelings--and the best part is they compare the characters in their stories with famous moments in the lives of real life celebrities while they are trying to determine who is telling the truth or not being 100% honest--including Obama!! WOOT!

I will never look at another person again without determining if they are "fudging" their story a tad!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010