help

if i lay on a heating pad will it help me dilate?

someone told me it would..

or do you know how i could make myself dilate?
i am 38 weeks i will be 39 monday

i am 2cm dilated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you are medically allowed...HAVE SEX!!! worked for me. try spicy foods or go for walks as long as you can
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Walk,walk, walk. It's the best thing you can do and will keep you in shape for the delivery. Sex and spicy foods are fun, but I don't think they are as effective as walking.
    You might also try sitting on a physioball and rocking your pelvis (they say this helps to open the pelvis so maybe it would also help you dilate). Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 12:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• ohhh how i remember those loooong days!!! i would walk!! i walked constantly!! it worked too, before i even went into labor at all i was 4cm dialated. sex does work, but it didnt work for me, hubby was all weirded out by that point! that sucked!! but walking worked great, and then after my contractions started, we went for a two and a half hour walk to help keep them coming and to increase them, and it worked like a charm!! good luck! and congrats!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• At 37week's 6day's and 2 centimeter's I told my ob to get thing's going, I was induced the following day. Have you spoken to him about induction?
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• she wont induce me.cause im not over due...she told me to walk try sex and things like that but damn im ready for it to be over myt back is hurting so bad and they cant do nothing for me..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hang in there, girl! And let nature do what it's supposed to. It's only another week or so... you can do it!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• wait for nature.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• well friday i had sex and started walking...alot....of both..by sunday my water broke and i was 4 cm dialated and 100% faced.
    anjalee033

Answer by anjalee033 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hon i would seriously,

Tell her

Your in pain and to induce you as soon as she can,
    Remember she works for you,
    The baby is ready,
    Some women wait until their 40 weeks plus,
    and they then have to be induced when they could have 2 weeks prior,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Have some happy hump time with the hubby!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2008