Is labor immenent?? adult content

So i have gone #2 twice already today. I feel soo run down and am having contractions about 5-7 min apart. I lost my mucous plug(or what i think is my mucous plug) about 3 days ago. Is this a normal feeling? Does it mean baby should be coming soon? what should i do?

brwneyebeauty13

Asked by brwneyebeauty13 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• wow that does sound like you're ready to head to the l&d now. good luck and congratulations mama hope everything goes great! :D
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Call the OBGYN.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well the contractions are irregular now. so im kinda confused on what to do
    brwneyebeauty13

Comment by brwneyebeauty13 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• call and see what they advise you to do then.
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• just wait... u'll know....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• With mine I was 3 min apart from the minute I started contractions, but they said not to worry about coming in until I couldn't talk through my contractions. It took me 8 hrs to get to that point, then I walked in the L & D at 7cm!! I'd say yes, go ahead & call your doc & head in!! So exciting... congrats!!! Have a beautiful experience!!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wait it out if they aren't regular. The hospital will send you home if you don't progress. Keep timing them, it won't be too long now!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The last poster was right just kind of wait things out at this point. It could happen very soon or things could stall. There is no rhyme or reason so you just have to wait a bit more.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you are having irregular contractions, I would wait or call my OBGYN to get advice. The hospital will send you home if they are less than 5 minutes apart and are irregular. However, if your water broke, go to the hospital ASAP. In that case, they will keep you no matter what is going with the contractions. Congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 2:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you lost your mucous plug, I believe that it means that you are in active labor and should go to the hospital. I would definitely check with my OBGYN to see what her or she wants me to do. Congratulations again!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010