what ca help bring on labor?? i am past my due date and want to go NATURAL no be induced is there anything i can try tht will work??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• walking
    brwneyebeauty13

Answer by brwneyebeauty13 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• have lots of sex. semen helps, i hear. unfortunately, i can't do that. the hubby is away :(
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Would you consider an herb to be natural? If so, try some Blue Cohash.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you want it to go natural then just let it happen on it's own instead of having sex if you really don't feel like it, taking black cohosh and risking excessive bleeding at birth, or taking castor oil and making yourself sick, or stimulating your nipples and having hard contractions that cut off osygen and blood to the baby and don't dialate the cervix. It will happen. It's part of nature. And you really don't know for a fact that you are really overdue. Only baby really knows when she was concieved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you want it to be natural, wait for it to happen naturally
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• OMG Please don't use black or blue cohosh, that is soooo dangerous. I'm sure your OB would not agree with you taking that. It can make you hemmorage after birth.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Baby will be born when they are ready, but they say sex can help.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have never heard that about blue cohash.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 1:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Babies come when they are ready. Your due date can be off by as much as 2 weeks. Despite all the advances in ultrasounds doctors can be off and they can be off on weight by a couple of pounds (I don't know how they can be so bad but they are). I wouldn't let them induce me until 42 weeks or later. My first pregnancy was in the old days when ultrasound wasn't used much and I went 43 weeks. We weren't real sure on my due date because I had irregular periods so the CNM let me keep on keeping on and I went to see her every other day to have my BP and urine checked and to have her listen to the heartbeat. I had a normal vaginal birth and he only weighed 6 lb 6 oz.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I took castor oil with two of my pregnancies. I went a week and half late and the baby needed to come or we were going to have to induce which is not what I wanted. My doctor and I weighed the benefits and negatives. Do some research. Some say it causes baby to pass meconium but if you really look that does not seem to be the case statistic wise, It was well worth it for me. I just made sure that I stayed hydrated, it does clear you out. But by the time you are actually having the baby you are good to go. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010