Have you ever had an "oops" baby?

I think I may be pregnant! Eek... about a month ago DH's condom fell off as he was pulling out. A bit of his semen may have gotten on me. NOw my period is more than 2 weeks late! We have one little boy! who is 8 months old. I'm really not ready for another physically or financially. Mentally I could handle it if I needed too(which it seems as though I may need to be)... How did you handle it? Were were ready in every aspect or were you not ready in some ways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My 3rd was a "surprise". I went outside and told my neighbor and started bawling. It wasn't like the happy "Oh yeah I'm pregnant moment" on the commercials. If you are, just relax. It will be fine. My 1st and 2nd are a year and a half to the day apart. They are very close in every way. ( Now young adults) You will be fine and you will make it through. Things do happen for a reason and remember you have quite a bit of time before the next birth arrives, just enjoy it all. Do not future trip over the fears of things. Take today and just be glad that you can have kids, there are many women who would give anything to be in your shoes. Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I didn't plan any of my children but I embraced each one. I changed jobs and saved like crazy!
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Not an Oops, but unexpected. I'm 7 weeks pregnant now. We didn't think we could have anymore because we've gone years without bc. No one is ever financially ready unless their independently wealthy. Just make sure you do a budget plan so you know what you can spend and where to save.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This---Not an Oops, but unexpected
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yes, everything works out
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• First off, I hate when people use the term oops baby. It's so belittleing and demeaning to describe a human life as an oops. My husband got called this by his family because he wasn't planned his whole life.
    Second, my last was a surpise, and I was freaking out, but she is the easiest, sweetest baby I ever had!! It worked out, we are doing great, adn it really wasn't much different after having three!

Melbornj, why even answer then? What's the point? Rubbing it in or something? Would you like a gold star or a brownie point?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wouldnt use that term, but I understand where you are coming from...My first two were unplanned...In fact with my first I kept telling myself, oh my period will come next week...I ended up being around 11wks when I finally went to get checked out. I knew I was pregnant but was in total denial...it ended up working out for the best. She was the best thing to ever happen to us....
    My second one was unplanned too. I mean we werent trying to get pregnant but we werent trying not to either. But a friend of mine we usally have our periods a few days apart and she was complaining about her cramps, I was like...whoa wait, you just made me realize I havnt had my period yet!
    This one Im pregnant with was kinda planned.....He asked me if I wanted another baby, I was honest, and he purposly did his thing in me lol I was kinda shocked I was pregnant because it was the first month trying....lol
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I really dislike that term, but my daughter was a lovely surprise!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep. The condom broke when DS1 was 11 months old. I was about 4 weeks late when I finally got the courage to test. I knew the answer. She is my happy accident and about to turn 11.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Lol. My parents had an Oops baby. Let me tell you. They were 42, dad was retiring later that year and get this. My dad actually had his vasectomy scheduled for 2 weeks from the day they concieved. Yeah, that was an oops. My dad did not cope too well.... like he told work he would need time off in December but none of them knew why until after the birth... yeah, didn't cope too well. But he's been fine since.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010