Coming up with a name

This is so hard...with my first two it seemed so simple. This time though, trying to come up with a girls name that sounds good, has a good meaning and tied into the family some how is so difficult. I have a list of names that seem to have no connection to eachother to even get a theme....Im so lost.
How did you come up with your babies name? Making sure it sounds good together, with your other kids names as well....

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Baby Names

• I have a friend who's son is named Slade. Her daughter's name is Skylar. I think that goes well with your other kid's names.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I just scrolled though a bunch of baby name websites until I found one I liked and we agreed on. He has his daddy's middle name but other than that I really wasn't worried about giving his name a connection or meaning or anything like that. I just picked one I liked and that felt right.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My kids names are names that I picked because I liked them, they don't coincide with each other or nothing a like, just because.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My husband picked the girls1st names bec I got to pick the boys 1st name. I the girls got middle names from my first and middle name bec I had them natural. Natural meaning, NOTHING, no meds at all. I always did the yelling for dinner test, if I couldn't yell the name for dinner and feel comfortable with it, it was not a name I liked. No names that kids could make fun of either. We just picked names we liked and basically decided after each was born. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well, I only have one daughter and we named her a name that I've loved since high school. Luckily I married a man who loved the name just as much as I do. My daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail. We got her first name from an actress from the TV show "Reba" and we got her middle name from a character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives". Our next child will have a family name, all names coming from a deceased loved one. If it's a boy, his name will be Oliver Liam (my FIL's middle name and the last four letters of my grandfather's first name) and if it's a girl, her name will be Olivia Eindy (a variation of my FIL's middle name and my MIL's middle name). I'm not worried about how well my kids names go with each other because I don't see how that matters.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I read like crazy. I find a lot of names in books I read and fall in love with them. I admit I am generally drawn to names with a more Irish tone to them but I'm also a sucker for greek names so there's no rhyme or reason. I know I've always wanted my little girl's middle name to be Louise like my grandmothers but it hasn't worked out. It just doesn't flow with any of the first names we like so its still sitting on the back burner. I might just give up one day and get a dog and name her Louise. Lol Sorry grandma.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We didn't tie names in with the family. We just picked ones we liked and thought flowed well together. We have Kaitlyn Elizabeth and Allison Breanne. I think its important that you love the name and that its something a child can live with and not get teased.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I guess Im stressing about this name because I want it to flow with my other kids names because its a different daddy then they have...so i dont want it to stick out or something, does that make since...like I think Ravyn and Slade go very well together...but Ravyn Slade and the names Im writing down for number 3, I dont think go well together and Im so lost on how to make it so I like all their names together.
    Shani527

Comment by Shani527 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree with QandA
    vote up for her
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 8:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My first four all have an N sound at the end. My last a L; Tomlin, Kaitlynne, Johnathon, Bradyn, and Izabelle. But they are called TJ, Katie, Jed, Brady and Iz. Just go with what you like, they don't have to flow or match each child is him or her self.
    missisue

Answer by missisue at 8:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010