Does "Non Christian"= Non American?

Why or why not?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No it does not because that is just stupid if you think that way.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no, our founding fathers did not come here to just support christianity, they came here to support life how people wanted to make it. working hard with pride through all things, some chose god as their savior, some didn't.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree with itsallabtthem84!!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• religion should not have any part whatsoever in politics so no, not at all
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No
    The Constitution says that Congress shall make no laws establishing religion or prohibit the free practice there of.

This mean that you can be any religion.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• That would be news to me. I am an Atheist and very much an American. I love my country and the fact I am free to not practice any religion.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 1:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it does not. My late FIL was a Holocaust survivor and a fairly religious person. He was the biggest patriot I ever met. When he came to the US he was barely healed from the horrors of being in a concentration camp for 6 years (having no toothbrush and typhus being the easy parts) and was drafted to serve in Korea. He didn't whine or complain. He went and served in the tanks division because he was so proud to be an American.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The last time I checked this was a FREE COUNTRY. That means "We are free to believe as we wish". You can believe in God, no God, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, or that little blue monkey that sits in the corner and watches me type. It's whatever you wish to believe in. After all, even God comes in different forms.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Clearly NOT~Christ based philosophies are much too limited in scope to describe what an American is.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no. Freedom of religion... meaning you can choose not to have a religion.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010