Does anyone know how to make the handprint stuff??

Does anyone know how to make the hanprint stuff? I don't know what it is exactly but I know it's like white and your kid puts their hand in it and you bake it or let it dry or something and you have a keepsake. I know they have them at the stores but I thought it would be cool to make one at home. Also, if you know how, then is there any way I can get it another color instead of white? Like light blue or something? Please help, I thought it would be cool little gifts for the grandparents from my son.

Mom2Dano

Asked by Mom2Dano at 12:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• there is a salt dough that would work for this
    Here is the basic recipe:
    one cup of fine salt

one cup of flour

about half a cup of water

Mix the flour and the salt together in a large bowl. Depending on the flour brand, you may need a different amount of water so it is best to make a well in the center and pour in the water. You have to knead until smooth and elastic and non-sticky dough.

Shape the dough into a ball and wrap it into a plastic film in order to prevent it from drying. The dough is now ready to be used.

SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Thank you. Could I just use food coloring in it to change the color or would that mess it up somehow?
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You can use food coloring with it... just mix it with the water before you combine the ingredients... otherwise you'll have a hard time getting the color even throughout the dough.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 10:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Thank you!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008