Why do some people who plan their children think they are better than a family who didn't!?

Seriously, get off the high horse. No one's situation is the same. My child changed my life for the better and she wasn't in MY plan, she was in GOD"S plan. She saved my life and I'm so greatful. I also planned a child, and don't feel any different towards him. Why do some people find themselves superior because they planned it. I was "planned" and my parents are divorced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• all kids r a gift no matter planned or not....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My first child was planned and my second child was not. I will be the FIRST TO ADMIT that I was not taking the proper precautions to prevent pregnancy. And along with that, the timing was not ideal. It might life a lot harder on our family than if we would have been more careful and waited for a better time. However that doesn't mean that my second child has less worth or is loved any less. He's a great kiddo and we love him to pieces. Its not his problem us parents had to work much harder to make ends meet and make our family hold together thru rough times. Its our fault as mom and dad for being as responsible as we could have and made our family's life more difficult than it had to be. But we took care of business and got thru it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Planned or not, if you have more kids than you can provide for yourself, you're irresponsible. It's as simple as that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Its a status thing. It doesn't really matter to me. My first was planned, then we went years thinking we couldn't have another. Now I'm 7 weeks pregnant. So we have a happy surprise.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have no idea, you either have a loving family life or you don't, It doesn't matter planned or not. Some people just tend to be that natured, better than "you" people. Those kind I try to stay away from. My 1st was not planned at 17, I'm still married 47 yrs later, with 2 more kids. It's all in the persons personality I think, It's the " I'm better than you syndrome." and maybe then they're not in a happy marriage behind closed doors so they try to impress, who knows?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• anon, that really isn't relavant to the post...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do not think that it is a matter of people being better. But it is similar to jumping in a mile deep river, you better be prepared. Either know how to swim or have a life jacket on.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you aren't prepared, you often have to depend on others and the government to take care of you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am actually scared to plan children with my DH....we plan to stop the BC but leave it at that....I'm the oldest of 4 children and the only one my parents planned was my sister that came after me and she is a holy terror...anything that you could possible do wrong she does. She is a mess and I guess I'm just a little superstisous I guess since she was the only one my parents planned...I know it's silly but if you knew her you might understand a little better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• tootoobusy, that was a really judgemental remark. There are plenty of people who weren't expecting to have kids that didn't need government assistance, they just weren't planning on having more kids. My husbands family is catholic and they don't plan their children and they aren't welfare cases either. Judgement calls like this are where the superiority stuff comes from. I know women that delibaratley get pregnant and don't care who pays for it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010