Does this sound like a neat idea?

We've all seen perms of varying styles and we've all seen the roller sets that older ladies enjoy getting. What about combining the two? Here's my idea for a hair design.

I went to bed this morning with this idea and I hope it turns out how I want it to. After I shower today, I'm going to gather up all the perm rods we have and do a "fake" perm. After I have applied tons of mousse and parted my hair "correctly" for a perm (nine sections), I'm putting in a variety of rod sizes for an almost natural looking curl.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• should turn out fine.. but be aware you should still use end papers with the rods to prevent fish hooks and tangles.

We did a mock perm on a girl this way with roller rods instead, and turned out great.. also we used plastic clips to clip in because of the chemicals in the perm (even though it was mock)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This should work. I almost think I have seen perm rods used this way.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• it should work. i have used curling rods...moussed my hair, threw them in, hairsprayed them and slept in them overnight. it will definetly stay the curl that you have created and you cant really pick at them cause they will be very hard as a rock. you may have to pin the curls back into a pony tail if you dont get fluffy ones
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm excited. Since I can't exactly see what I'm doing in the back of my head, I'll try and get my husband in on it. We both went to cosmetology school together and can knock out rolling a perm in 60-90 minutes, depending on hair density. I'm really excited.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• How did it turn out??
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Oooh, post pics!! I wanna see how it turned out!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 5:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sadly, it may have to wait until later in the week. :( My husband and beauty school partner in crime (we've already graduated) has had a really long 24 hours (he got hit with a cold that pretty much knocked him on his butt) and he's currently passed out on the love seat. I'm really hoping to do this some time this week. I think Wednesday evening will be the soonest he'll have the energy to help me out, considering he has closing shift Monday and Tuesday. I will post pics once I do this; it promises to be fun. An old instructor of mine recommended I use gel to keep the ends from frizzing; I was planning on using mousse, but gel tends to have more control.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010