Pushy Baby shower invite? What do you think?

So someone on my FB has been constantly posting her babyshower on FB for the last 3 mos. My inbox is littered with it every day. So now she sends everyone a message in large capital letters TODAY IS THE DAY I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING TO MY SHOWER SO WE KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO MAKE PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE COMING OR NOT....ugh, I don't even feel like it deserves a response. I didn't know it was mandatory that I RSVP to an internet invite that was sent to 600 other people. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hear you , so many invites are so impersonable(?) these days, i am tired of them, last one everyone where i work was verbally invited, i wasn't able to go, i sent a gift and never got a thank you. no more. i wouldn't worry about it
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It is not really hard to respond and I am sure that she would have stopped sending you messages if you had RSVP'd. What is so hard with letting someone know whether you are coming or not. This is one of the things that drives me nuts when I plan something. People now a days do not RSVP to anything.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I know how hard it is to plan a shower or any event when people dont RSVP so I can feel for her there. Why not just respond with a no if you are not intrested and ask to be left out of future shower updates.

I would in an email let her know that she is overwhelming you with all the invites in a friendly way if it bothers you because you may find you have alot of company. She is probably just so excited and caught up in the joy of the event she just forgets not everyone else shares the same level of excitement. I would if you want to remain friend sthink first however if she is the type of person who would get upset and not talk to you again and if that is a risk you want to take. Or if she would be cool and realise she may be going overboard.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Is this person a good friend of yours?...or just someone you associate with through other ppl. I would only go if this was someone I knew well and wanted involvement with.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It is a little pushy but that shouldn't stop you from going if it's someone your close with.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Who the F invites 500 people to a baby shower? Is it one of those Event invites? If so, just click on No, not attending. As for her, just hide her messages.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would just ignore her. She's not targeting you personally. It's crazy to invite all your facebook friends. People are going overboard with the facebook stuff.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well first off, I don't know her that well....second she's planning her own baby shower, no one is throwing it for her, she's very self absorbed. I don't see why I have to respond to 90 different things I get invited to on FB. I just don't see why it's my obligation to RSVP because YOU planned a party. WHY? I didn't make you plan it? I already told her I didn't know, my work is unpredictable. I already deleted her from my Facebook. I guess I should have put those facts in there!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I guess you already made up your mind then.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If it is something like a facebook or evite I only respond if it is a person I know well. Typically that person has already talked to me about it anyway. I do hate how the facebook invites mail you a ton of times for 'reminders' That is facebook. Not the person though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010