What are good signs of teething?

My two month old has been expecially crabby lately and he has been drooling alot more, and gets low fevers, and is chewing on anything he can get near his mouth. Are these signs of early teething or is this normal stuff that happens to 2 month olds?

youngmommi2be

Asked by youngmommi2be at 12:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Those are the symptoms people keep telling me to watch for. Try rubbing your babies gums to see if you can feel anything hard beneath the surface. All children are different and can start teething at pretty much anytime (even though the norm is closer to 4 or 6 months I think). I would keep an eye on the fever and if it cont for more than a day or so I would call my ped.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 12:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• sometimes loose stools are a sign of teething...but keep a watchful
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• That just sounds like a normal 2 month old to me. Babies temperatures vary quite a bit within a 24 hour period. For example, right after they eat their temp goes up. What you may be considering a low grade fever is probably a normal temp for your baby. My DD's doc gave me a range of temperatures that's considered normal. I don't remember what it was exactly... something like up to 99.7. I'm sure your doc can let you know.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 2:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008