How much milk?

Recently all my daughter wants is milk. She will hardly eat anything b/c she has had an outbreak of herpes sores in her mouth. The only thing she will eat is cheese. Any suggestions? I'm worried she's getting too much milk, then I'm worried she's not getting any nutrients if I don't let her have all she wants. She will eat a couple bites of jello, she won't eat yogurt. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• the only thing that would really concern me is that cheese may cause constipation.

my oldest loved frozen peas and carrots, straight from the freezer. I know it's odd, but you could try it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Wow, I would call my ped and ask. How old is she? If I really wanted her to eat I would prob deny the milk until she gave in.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• you could try the BRAT diet, none of it should bother her mouth. Banana, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Any kind of sores in the mouth are very sensitive to anything acidic. Orange juice,salty foods, spicy things.
    Milk is good in that it has protien and vitamins in it. Although she is not getting a "balanced diet" milk wont hurt her mouth either. If you are worried about her getting the proper nutrition while she is having the sores, try getting some Pediasure at the store. The stuff really tastes great and is pretty much a meal in itself. She can eat/drink that until her sores are gone. Also, my son had a really nasty case of "hand, foot and mouth" a few years back, I did the same with him. He had blisters all the way down his throat and the Pediasure worked very well for him.
    son_and_moon

Answer by son_and_moon at 12:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• She will be 3 in Feb. This has been going on for the past two days. She has always been under weight so I get paranoid when she won't eat. Rice is a good idea. She loves rice...didn't think about that. Guess I should pull my head out. Yes, the constipation is going to be an issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Oatmeal, rice with a little sugar and some milk, applesauce, toast, scrambled eggs, milkshakes with real ice cream, macaroni and cheese, pediasure.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 5:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2008