do u even care about ur kids?

so my sil is always leaving her daughter with anyone who is willing to take her. and is always throwing her off on someone else when she (my sil) doesnt want to go or do something that is kid involed. it bugs the hell out of me! so yesterday we (my family) were going to go to eat lunch at a pizza/arcade. now i for one hate this place. the food is not very good, it's expensive, and it's soooo loud. but my hailie has wanted and waited to go to this place for a month. so we decided to go. her daughter wants all of us to go eat lunch together and that is fine, but sil wants to go somewhere else. now my hubby doesnt get to spend alot of time with her so we change our plans and go eat where she wants and decide to go for dinner to the pizza/arcade. well we get there and she doesnt even want to eat that anymore! my kids r hungry and we order and eat, she just gets upset. cont on nex comment

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• so people are not connect to their kids...which is messed up cause the kids know it the most~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• and my niece doesnt even like the food there so all she gets is an icee. why did she pick this place?!? so later that night we get ready to go to the pizza/arcade and the kids r so excited. we r already there eating when sil calls and says she is going to drop my niece off and we can drop her at home when we r done, WHAT?!?! i knew that my niece wanted to go, but i hate the fact that my sil NEVER takes her to do anything she wants to do. only what sil wants! my niece is constantly with one of the family. my hubby says yes of course and she comes. at least she sent her with money to eat and play games, that's not always the case. and all the kids have a good time. as for the taking her home part. we have a truck that seats 5 and there is 5 in my family so there was no room for my niece. so sil came back to get her and doesnt even say thank u! just so tired of her being selfish! but what can i do?
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You can't make people take care of their kids the way that is in the child's best interests. Educational psychologists believe from studies that if children have bad parenting they can turn out ok if they have one adult family member and one adult outside the family that takes helps them and is there for them. You can be there for her child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• kinda lost me on "her daughter wants all of us to go eat lunch together and that is fine, but sil wants to go somewhere else."

why does SIL get to pick where anyone gets to eat? let her throw a fit, its your own time out and you shouldnt have to work around her fits
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• next time she tries to pawn her off on you just say, "I'm sorry, we'd love to have her, but we are having special family time for just the 5 of us. Maybe next time!" She will continue to use you as a free babysitter as long as you allow it! I do daycare out of my home and have left my kids with friends 3 times, and with MIL twice in their entire lifetimes (4 year old twins and an 18 month old)! My kids may drive me crazy sometimes, but I hate to be apart from them! I can't imagine pawning them off on other people all the time!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 2:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well your SIL sounds very childish like she will throw a fit when she doesnt get to do what she wants to do and even that...when she does get to do it...she throws even more of a fit because she's either not getting the "poor me" out of anyone she seems like she wants someone to say "i want you to be involved with everything" but instead her daughter is getting more attention.

she's not getting the attention from you guys as you are giving to her daughter.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my and my hubby have fought many times over her. she didnt even want us to get married. tried to talk him out of it! we use to not get along at all. but i told my hubby that is his sister and as long as she can hold her tongue so will i. but yesterday just pissed me off. she got to choose cause if not then she wont go. and he wanted to spend time with her. but yeah no matter what she complains. but as least it's not about how terrible i am for him and how i am keeping him from his family (that was what she use to do) i hate the fact that she always does for herself. i was taught that the babies come first and that is what i do. this was a special treat for them and i'm glad that my niece got to have fun too. i'm not the only one that has this issue with her. my other sil (her sis) and their cousin have spoken to her about it over and over, but she just doesnt see it that way.
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i know what you mean.. i have a friend just like your SIL.. and it bothers me but i just love her 2 boys (my godsons 1 && 2).. so whenever she wants me to take them i would but its not an ordinary babysit.. i would have them for a month.. and i have my own baby who is 5 and a half months old and with 2 toddlers it aint easy but i manage.. she'd leave me with the kids so she can go around and f*** some guyy and get wasted.. but i ahve never said anything about it.. other people have trying to tell her but she just ignores it and goes about doing her thing.. i hate having her kids go thru that so i take them in.. if my SIL did that id be pissed and idk what i'd do but thats crazy and i hate ppl who cant take care of their own kids.. its like it you cant watch your own kids dont have any.. geeze.. lol.. i love my son and i never dropped him off anywhere.. wherever we go he goes not even with grandma..
    bby_sebastian

Answer by bby_sebastian at 3:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i can understand wanting a little alone time, but she just goes too far. i mean once she wouldnt even get off the couch to make her some food. told her to call her stepdad (who lives across the street) to take her to get something. ugh!!!!!
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010