Is it right for someone to Post a question and give specifics on who is "allowed" to respond?

This is a Public forum so is it right to say who and who cannot respond to a question??
I think it is just plain self righteous! Just because someone want's to control responses to an issue doesn't mean that we have to keep out of it so they can justify their actions. What is your opinion? Oh, anyone is "allowed" to answer! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• LOL I was told this already this week! I was um, responding to a comment directed to me, not b*tching like she said. I do understand why some only want a specific crowd because of less drama. It happens. Yes you are correct-there are some control freaks in here.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well if they only want answers from ppl who have experience with the subject then it's okay but not just so they can get the responses they want. but hey it happens
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think its fine. If your asking a specific question that only a targeted group can answer then sure. I wouldn't as a Pagan a Christian question and I wouldn't want a Christian to answer a Pagan question.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think if you post ANYTHING on a public website like this, it's rediculous to try and control the answers you get. I think it looks silly when someone says ________ only. What if they are knowledgable on the subject? That's all that matters. Why limit yourself.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well, I understand why people do that. A mother who wants to know something about formula doesn't want a bunch of bf mothers to come in and give unsolicited advice. If I want to know something about disposable diapers, I don't want to hear "Cloth diapers . . . . . " A lot of women on here are always trying to pass out unsolicited advice, thus turning the original question into a debate where the then original answer does nto get answered.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If they only want certain individuals to answer, then they should message them, not ask it here. I can understand if they are asking specifiically about a particular thing and ask that only people who know what it is or has one respond. Like, if people just answer with, I have no idea or never heard of it, I would think that would be kind of annoying.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I buggs me when people only want their versions of thinking to answer their questions~I know it is their question but full range of thinking is fuel for thought and the pool of people here is grand...make use of the diversity is my thinking~

and the would you rather questions can be fun to test people's preferences and style, but never is life so this or that~a middle answer is fun too and can show a interesting problem solving~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I know you put it in parenting for a reason. The same philosophy applies. Example: if I want spanking advice from spanking mothers, I think its completely ok to target only mothers who believe in spanking. Its annoying to get those who don't spank giving advice when I haven't asked for it. Vice versa also applies. A mother who doesn't believe in spanking doesn't need to hear how I think she should spank. So if she wants to limit the target group so be it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think anyone is allowed to answer. Just because you specifically say if you dont agree dont post, doesnt mean that a person shouldnt get a chance to voice their opinion. If you dont like it, just move on, no need to get your panties in a bunch over it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it is fine. Perhaps they only want responses from people who parent like they do, or people of a specific religion or race. But I think it is silly to expect ONLY those people to answer. Everybody has something to say. And you cannot tell who is behind that screen.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010