will u buy ur kid a car?

for his or hers 16th b-day????

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yea we discussed it my husband and I and we agreee that he has to work if he wants a car. See my son is very mature, responsible and gets good grades in school and does well here at home most of the time,and he does like money and doesnt mind working to get what he wants. He knows we would have to add him to our insurance and it automatically goes on when anyone in my family turns 16 thats a rule with our insurance agency and he knows it will cost him $100 a month.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• it would depend on if he was allowed to drive. and out money situation
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Maybe. It would be used. And would depend on our financial status. IF we could afford it and my child had employment yes.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No. I had 3 sons and they bought their own cars.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Never. Both of my kids will be expected to earn their way and get their own cars.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Nope. He's not getting his license either until 18. We only pay $61 a month for combined auto and renters insurance and our agent quoted us a price of $150 to add a teen driver on! No way Jose!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Most likely.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My son bought/paid for his own car a month before he got his license. He also pays for gas, insurance, registration, and maintenance. We could (financially) have bought him one but we did not feel it was our obligation to do so.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We bought all 4 of our sons their 1st cars 6 mos. after they got their licenses. The oldest was 17 and a Senior, the younger 2 were 17 & 18 and Juniors and the other was 17 and a Junior when they got their 1st cars, 16 was not the magic driving age in this house.They didn't get brand new vehicles with hefty car payments, we bought them used cars that were $200, $400 and $1250 twice. It was something we felt that since we were able to do it we would. We actually expected them to be working before they got their licenses, to pay for their own driving school course ($300) and to be working for at least 6 mos. before we bought them their cars. Once they had their vehicles they were expected to pay for their own gas, car insurance and maintenance. Had they lost their jobs they would have also lost their cars because we wouldn't have paid for those things.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, without a doubt! ( =
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010