Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone here have to deal with just having a baby and taking the guy to court for support and full custody

I just had a baby 2 months ago. I was wondering with what i should do to start this court stuff . I take my ex boyfriend for childsupport and full custody . His gf has been sending me nasty messages on myspace and i would like to do somthing about that . And would i also be able to take that against him???


Asked by Elijahsmom8808 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I had to do this when I got seperated from my husband and I was pregnant. I went to court and got interim child support before the divorce was even close to being final. The judge will award you without any problems unless your ex decides to be a hose bag and deny the baby is his. Then you have to wait on a paternity test. My Ex tried that too so that he wouldn't have to pay, but when the judge told him that if it came back positive, he was going to have to pay back pay anyway, he just admitted it and paid.
    As for his new GF, you could bring it up in court, but unless she is threatening you or stalking you, there is not a lot you can do. You could ask about a restraining order? GL

    Answer by son_and_moon at 12:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • Yes. I've been there also. And I think what son_and_moon posted makes sense. Of course u will have 2 check w/ ur local domestic relations office 2 get the details as they vary from st8 2 st8. As far as ur my space, IDK if u can report the messages, but I think I would definitely look n2 it. GL.

    Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008