I started walking for an hour and a half every day a month ago, would this make my period stop?

I dont know when I had my last period I think it was the first week of August. I started walking exactly a month ago and I havent had my period at all.

lovinmyKNP

Asked by lovinmyKNP at 2:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you taken a pregnancy test?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It shouldn't. Do a pregnancy test.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes, thats a lot of excersise, specifically cardio, to start right off the bat. If you think you are preggers than take a home test but more likely is that you lost so much % body fat that you are missing a period because your body is in a kind of shock. Heavier women have heavier periods... lighter women have lighter periods, any size body that gains or loses body fat drastically the period changes drastically.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No i havent dont a pregnancy test. A part of me just doesn't want to know if I am yet. But I am starting to worry.
    lovinmyKNP

Comment by lovinmyKNP (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No, my mom used to be a runner. She told me that doesn't start unless you are trining hard every day. It's common with professional athletes but not for just walking.Walking shouldn't do that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I can honestly say I am a heavier woman. I wasn't doing much or any exercise at all. Then I picked up one day and walked and i have done it now every day. I dont feel like it would make me stop having my period its not that hard of a walk. I Haven't even dropped a size yet. I havne't weighed myself so I'm not sure if I have even lost anything.
    lovinmyKNP

Comment by lovinmyKNP (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Are you postpartum, breastfeeding, and/or under a lot of stress?
    How do you feel after that walking?
    Are you nourishing your body with healthy foods and lots of water?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No my baby is 19 months old. I have no stress that I can think of. After the walk i honestly feel more energized. I drink water all the time now and I eat pretty good.
    lovinmyKNP

Comment by lovinmyKNP (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You might consider pregnancy~

good luck, hun!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It does sound like you traded body fat for muscle. I've been a competive runner for 12 years and I took health classes specifically. You went from a bad way of taking care of your body to a good, I wouldn't worry to much.
    Like I said earlier, just take a home test to see.
    Good luck!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010