Do you find E-invites rude?

In the last 2 weeks I have recieved either in my email or on Facebook one wedding invitation, one baby shower invitation and a 'save the date". I have to say the 'save the date" makes sense to me. It is my cousin planning a wedding 8 months from now. The wedding invite and the baby shower invite I'm just not feeling it. It feels rude and impersonal. Even if you are having a small, no frills wedding...you can't write a note, or pick up the phone? The old saying "just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD" needs more application when it comes to the internet.

GrnEyedGrandma

Asked by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• For wedding and showers it is rude unless it is accompanied with a written invite and done through facebook just so people have it on their calendars. I plan on doing just that for my SILs baby shower that I am planning. We are making sure people get the written invite in the mail first and then I will post a "reminder" event on facebook for those on there.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• For most things I find it pretty acceptable, it's easy, free and everyone can communicate. For a wedding invite, no- that's just tacky.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I dont mind them for get togethers and causal affairs.

But I agree 100% VERY TACKY for weddings.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was invited by evite to a baby shower and saw nothing wrong with it. The gal that did it didnt have addresses for everyone but had us on her facebook and I thought it was great! I rarely am invited to anything so I was just glad I was! I dont care how it gets to me. I am just honored to be invited to honor the person that it is for!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm with the ones that agree a wedding invite by FB or any site is tacky.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have no problem with them for showers or birthdays. It's just kind of a sign of the times but a wedding invite I think it a bit much. Though more and more people are setting up an electronic RSVP (email address or site) for their weddings I have noticed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• But Mommie , that is a good point. The E-RSVP sites I love. I'm in front of a computer many hours every day so that is really convenient for me. The wedding invite is just tacky to me. Perhaps the baby shower wouldn't irritate quite so much if I was better acquainted with the young lady it is for.

GrnEyedGrandma

Comment by GrnEyedGrandma (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have no problem with E-vites. I get them from friends quite often for either a small outside wedding, a baby shower, and birthdays. It is a lot easier to use and people tend to reply to them more then they would an invitation mailed out to someone. That is just my opinion.

Ash
    soyliciousar

Answer by soyliciousar at 3:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It doesn't really bother me. A phone call would have been better, but everyone has a different situation. Maybe they forgot to send invitations, or couldn't afford them and the postage at the time. Or maybe they didn't have your phone number or address or something like that. Or, maybe they were just lazy or something lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Mrs Bat..I try really hard not to judge others motive...and I took into consideration all you listed. What I'm left with is the feeling that because the Net is so much easier and convenient people go that way to expend minimum effort. 

GrnEyedGrandma

Comment by GrnEyedGrandma (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010