How can I get my son back with me?

My husband and I decided to move from Maryland down to Louisiana due to a transfer of my job (more hours, better activities down here, etc.). We left our 9 yr old and 5 yr old with my parents in Maryland, just until we got settled in, so they didn't have to go through a harsh move and then we were going back up during the Christmas vacation and bringing them down with us. Yesterday was our youngest sons birthday party and we were surprised to learn that our son was beaten to the ground by two little girls at his own party. He wasn't hurt and when I talked to him, he seemed just fine. Then, last night I got a phone call from my dad telling me they were at the hospital because they think that he took one of my dads blood pressure pills. Being 1200 miles away, I want to freak. Now I am trying to get my youngest down with us and have no money to. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• all I can think of is to go to those travel sites on-line and try to get as cheap of a rate as possible to go get them. Can you charge the tickets? Can you take out a loan or since its an emergency go to a pay day loan and get air fare that way. sorry what a horrible mess for you and your boys
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Check into alligent air they are pretty cheap.. so very sorry your going thrugh this.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It is driving my crazy. Those boys are my life. The ONLY reason why we left them with my parents is because we didn't want them to struggle or have to go through that long haul. My parents should have been more responsible. I know accidents happen but come on. This never would have happened if I just brought them down with us.
    flessard

Answer by flessard at 2:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You can see about flying him to you, five year olds can fly alone.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• tell your parents to fly them down to you folks.. im sorry about all of this hope things get better..
    bby_sebastian

Answer by bby_sebastian at 5:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Have your parents pay for his ticket or go to orbitz to look for deals
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• good luck hun
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you can't afford to fly, take the greyhound bus up there, and bring him back with you.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 12:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Is it safe enough to put a 10 yr old and 5 yr old on a 2 hour flight alone? I am so scared that something will happen to them.
    flessard

Answer by flessard at 1:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Look up everything
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010