What is the best kids camera?

Vtech or fisher price? Or are there any others? My daughter loves taking pictures but i;m not sure what to get her. I've heard a lot of good and bad things about both the vtech and the fisher price kid tough camera. I want something that is durable, good battery life, decent pictures (not all blury, I understand its a kids camera but that doesn't mean it has to be a peice of junk and I'm not asking for 8 mp or anthing) and something that she can edit them with frames or colors.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 2:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We had the V-tech and I wouldn't suggest it. If I had to do it over again I would just get a regular digital camera, and look for a really good case that could protect the camera from a little one.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• NOT THE V-TECH! Oooh I am still angry with them!! My sons camera randomly deletes his pictures and won't accept a memory card that is is built to take. WE emailed tech support and they were no help. I got no more help then from the trouble shooting in the booklet PLUS I never got an apology or anything that even came close to concern just 1-2 line snappy emails. We paid a lot of money fra that camera and now all he does with it is play the games on it. WASTE.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We got the Fisher Price one for our son last Christmas. It does a really good job. The batteries last a long time. It takes really good pictures to be a kids camera. He likes to play the few games on it. He is 3.5 and he mastered it pretty well. And it stands up to some pretty rough treatment from our rough-and-tumble boy. I know it's been dropped lots of times.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 3:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I guess I am the only one who has had a good experience with V-tech. We got one for DS a couple of years ago and have never had a problem with it. He loves it and it works really well. We have never had a problem with it. The V-tech also has frames, you can edit, download them to your computer, add sound and other things.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Definitely the Kid Tough. You don't have to worry about a memory card, and it's easy to work with. And it really is durable.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2010