Do you think John Boehner is a lobbyist loving elitist?

Do you think Obama is trying to portray Boehner as a lobbyists loving Elitist out of fear of losing Democratic control?

"The White House is attempting to cling on to Democratic control of Washington by portraying an Ohio congressman who grew up in near poverty as an elitist country club Republican controlled by wealthy lobbyists."
~~~
Does Boehner have lobbyists connections? Yes. But~Boehner isn't even on the top 20 list for DC politicians with strong lobbyists relations. Nancy Pelosi? Yup, she is in the top 10. In fact 18 of the top 20 politicians with lobbyist connects are actually Democrats.
~~~~
Should Obama speak the truth of his own party before he judges another? Or is this partisan game acceptable in an era of Responsibility?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Coning from Mr I will not allow lobbiests in my adm, then turns around and appoints several. It is a joke.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No more than many of the other elected representatives currently holding office. Hard to hold one party responsible for this behavior when it happens on both sides. LOL. I'm thinking of a word and it starts with H.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No, all politicians have relationships with lobbyists He isn't even one of the BIG recipients.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• what does that make the current Speaker of the House?
    ____________________________
    Let's say it together...a lobbyist loving elitist! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes, but so does PBO. He surrounds himself with them in the form of czars and advisers. I wonder if there isn't a politician who isn't courted by lobbyist?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• So, you are ok with playing the politcal game, same as usual and all before him? Don't you think that the nation's poltical structure won't change until WE the people demand more... Like Accountability?
    _____________________________
    I didn't say it was OK, I am merely stating the obvious. I think it's naive to ignore the "politics" in politics. I agree with demanding more accountability, I have been doing it for years. :)
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This election cycle, Boehner is not even in the top 20 recipients of lobbyist cash. He’s raised less than $40,000 from lobbyists this cycle — compared to Nancy Pelosi’s $71,000 from lobbyists."

So she can raise money better than him too! lol

Everyone in Washington for more than 2 terms should GO..and this is just ONE of the reasons why

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Does Boehner have lobbyists connections? Yes.

Ok, so what is the problem? If he has them and they are talked about...its the truth

The other side will just do the same....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• "In a recent speech, Mr Obama mentioned Mr Boehner by name nine times. A fundraising email sent out from BarackObama.com this week stated that corporate interests and lobbyists “have put all their chips on one man: Congressman John Boehner”." Read Full Article

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• "This election cycle, Boehner is not even in the top 20 recipients of lobbyist cash. He’s raised less than $40,000 from lobbyists this cycle — compared to Nancy Pelosi’s $71,000 from lobbyists."

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010