My niece gets struck in the face by a male peer and the school is doing NOTHING about it.

Here is alink to what has already been posted. http://www.cafemom.com/answers/535974/This_makes_me_so_angry_What_would_you_do

So, my sister went to the school, and they insisted that that were not fully aware of the story, but now that she had made them aware of it, they will take care of it immediately. NOTHING WAS DONE!! Now, my niece is becoming a victim of bullying from the boy who struck her. She refuses to tell anyone because of how she was treated when he hit her. My sister had not pressed charges, as she was hoping the school would take care of it. Since it was almost two weeks ago can she still press charges? We are also thinking of taking this story to the local news to see if they will look into this (the local news is known for running stories on this kinda stuff)

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Go to the state board of education. It may take awhile but it has been my experience that you can get things done. I have gotten people fired, bus routes expanded, rules changed, and other things done in the schools and my kids didn't even go to school. We homeschooled.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• How do you know they didn't do anything?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes, your sister can still press charges and she should. The boy will be taken before the same judge that saw him before, b/c that's how it typically works in family court & the boy's record will be there for the judge to see. Your sister should also send a letter to the asst. principal, "cc"ing it to the building principal & district superintendent. The letter should outline the incident as she understands it, as well as what she has discussed with the asst. principal & what decisions/promises were made (do not embellish!). Once the school recieves the letter, it has to act, either by refuting the letter's contents or by enforcing the school's bullying policies. She should also put into the letter that she has contacted the police & they are/will be investigating. A 14 y/o boy has no business hitting a 9 y/o girl under any circumstances & this message needs to be made clear to both students & staff.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Anon--
    because the assistant principal told her he would look into it further and that he would call and let her know what was going on. He never called back and when she called him, he told her they weren't going to do anything.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• mom2aspclboy -
    She's almost 14, but there is still not reason for him to strike her.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wow, that's interesting that this isn't even the first time that the school hasn't done anything. I would go above their heads AND charge the boy.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Here's the thing too, unless the kid admitted to it. The principal can't do anything unless they can prove it. Then the other childs parents could complain to the school board. Same with pressing charges, as long as there is proof beyond reasonable doubt, go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Anon-
    There were witnesses, but the assistant principal never talked to them.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If the assistant principal did do anything, he would not be able to tell you. However, if he told her that he is not going to do anything, I would file a written complaint with the school board and file charges with the police.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 8:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My son got punched in the nose, got a bloody nose, and got sent to the school nurse, and they never even told me. He told me when he got home. I never even called to school but I told him next time call me himself! He is in 1st grade
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010