OMG this house has mice!

Nineteen days later...and I've been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and I just saw the little sucker.

crap.
How do I get rid of him?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 3:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Everything i'm reading kills them. Do I have to kill them?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I hate hate hate mice! If u want to kill it get a trap. It probably nests under the fridge or close to it. U can also use da stickily pads n put them everywhere around the kitchen (corners)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• U can make a trap like a Tom n Jerry kinda think. No punt intended
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you don't want to kill them there are certain products you can use.
    And it's even home made.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple--No-Kill--Mouse-Trap/
    http://journal.chrisglass.com/2005/09/how_to_catch_a_.html

Or these
    http://green.thefind.com/garden/detail-humane-no-kill-mouse-trap

But I've used the homemade version. Just put a few layers of paper towels in the bottom for padding and it's super effective.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 3:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Can you get a farm cat? They're very effective and you won't have to do the dirty deed yourself.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ask around and see if you can borrow someone's cat. My oscar is an excellent mouser, but sadly (for him) we have no mice issues in our house. So oscar goes for visits when people have mice. He'll have them gone within 2 days. But then the homeowner must seal up the the house better if they don't want them to come back.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We had mice six months ago or so. First, find if there is anything specific attracting them. In our case, my son had spilled some hamster food behind his dresser and it sat unnoticed for I don't know how long. If you've been doing major cleaning constantly you probably would have noticed anything like that though.

We used traps and caught several. Then I bought some of those sonic noise things, you plug them in to your wall like you would a Glade Plug-in to keep them away. It makes a noise that only they can hear, drives them out. The things are harmless to you and regular domestic animals, but if you have a pet hamster or another type of rodent you shouldn't use them. If you think there is only the one, or just a couple you could try going straight for those.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The sticky traps are the safest if you have kids! They work great too
    bkodes24

Answer by bkodes24 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you do not kill them or sticky trap them, then you are asking for them to return. You have to get rid of them in a way that they cannot ever reenter your home.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have used the live traps and they don't work that great. The glue traps do work wonderful, but if you don't want to kill them then this might not be the best way for you to catch them (since they are alive when you have to dispose of them, it can make you feel pretty guilty). The regular traps work too, but it will likely be dead when you find it. If you use the live trap you can take it far away to set it free. Good luck!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010